Will you revisit my blog?

Older Writing about an ex

Times are so rough now preparing for war. Getting ready to say goodbye for what seems like an eternity. A year, that seems like forever. After finding a love strong and bold, being struck with such a long goodbye makes it seem unfair. Why does my soldier have to be the one called to go yet again. Why does he have a second time and so many don't even go? Why is goodbye so hard?

He makes me strong and completes me. He pushes me to greatness and holds me up. He is there for me on nights when no one else is. And now he has to go away, where I can't be there to do the same for him. I can't protect him from harm, or hold his hand. I can't kiss his cheek and look into his eyes. I have to say good-bye, appear strong, and shed less tears.

My life bagan when I met him. It was a summer afternoon, the air smelled fresh and my heart skipped a beat. I remember looking into his eyes for the first time and feeling that special connection. He gave me a feeling I had never felt before. I knew then we would spend the rest of our lives together.

Everyday my feelings grow stronger. Even without him here, the memories we share make me love him more. He gives me so much in life I never have had. He makes it okay to be me.

Now I face a goodbye of unexplainable bounds. I have to say goodbye and make it good enough that if he doesn't come home he will know how much I love him. I have to let him know how he makes me melt in his arms and how his love could move mountains for me.

How is it even possible to do this? I am not sure, but I do know that when I say goodbye and start my waiting, I will never give up hope that the next day I wake up he will walk through that door and everything will be over. I will never once stop thinking that he is the one for me and waiting is the least of it.

If I knew for sure that he would come home, I wouldn't cry as much. But I know he will be in harms way being a hero for so many. His head always up. I know how strong he will be. I know how much courage he holds. I know he is like a rock. I know he will fight until his last breath to come home to me. And I know that coming home can't be promised .

Until Then,
Blondie

No comments:

Post a Comment