Will you revisit my blog?

Held Captive




I just knew that it would be okay to forgive and forget. We were having a baby and I didn't want my child to have the same feelings I felt towards men. After all, it was my fault for pushing his buttons. I should have been more understanding and listened to what he had to say.


It had been three weeks since the last incodent. He promised me that he just lost it from the pressure and he would never touch me like that again. Since then he has treated me like a queen. He has went above and beyond my expectations.

Just when I was comfortable with him again and sure that we had worked past whatever issues that we had, it happened again. It was a Thursday night. His parents were sleeping and we were hanging in the basement playing our favorite game Scattegories.

Lately I had been overly hungry. I guess it was the preganacy. I decided that I was going to go get something to eat. He told me not to get up he would fix me something and grab a movie for us to watch. Sounded good to me. I flipped on the television and started watching Roseanne.

It wasn't long before my boyfriend returned with two bowls of salad, a bottle of redwine vinegar, and the movie Green Mile. He popped in the DVD and set the bowls on the table. He sat down beside me and picked up one of the bowls. He insisted on me trying red wine vinegar on my salad. I delclined not realizing just how big of mistake I had just made.

A salad bowl flew in my face breaking as it hit the ground. Blood trickled out of my nose. I jumped up and screamed obsenities as tears ran down my face and I tasted blood. I was slammed to the ground as I screamed I was pregnant. We wrestled for what seemed like an eternity before I broke loose and started to run up the steps.

I was five or six steps up when he grabbed the back of my shirt ripping it and sending me crashing onto the cement floor. I ran for the phone and dialed 911 as he ripped the cord from the wall. He grabbed a broom and sit down at the bottom of the steps as he rambled on about me learning respect one way or the other. Everytime I would get close and try to get up the steps he would slap me across the face with the broom.

I pleaded with him for four hours to let me go home. He kept screaming to me about knowing I was cheating and the baby wasn't his. I kept telling him I loved him and that I was pregnant and I could lose the baby if he kept doing this to me.

He started crying and dropped his face into his hands as the broom rested against the steps. I knew this was my chance to get away. I took off at a dead run and flew up the steps. I made it to the top, flung the door open, and kept running. As I made it to the hallway he grabbed me and started banging my head against the wall over and over. He was screaming, but to this day, I have no idea what he was saying.

Pictures that lined the hallway were crashing down. His mom came flying out of her room in her night gown. She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and threw him on the bed in his room. She strated asking questions as I was gasping for air. He hit me is all I could manage to get out.

Her eyes were blazing as she started screaming at him. I remember her saying if you like hitting women so much then let's see how you like this as she was striking him in the face. He never once tried to hit her back. Blood was running out his nose, he had a knot on his temple, and she was not stopping. I took off out the door and started running for home.

I got about half a block away when he ran up behind me. He was begging me not to tell. Saying he loved me and it would never happen again. I kept going and said my dad will kill you when he finds out.

He followed me all the way to my driveway. I ran inside crying and said he hit me and he is out there. My mother flew out the door ad went after him. My dad was cleaning me up as my mom came back in the door and started calming me down.

About thirty minutes later my uncle knocked on the door and asked what was going on at my boyfriend's house. He said there was two firetrucks three police cars and an ambulance. I took off out the door and ran to his house.

As I got there, he was being put into the back of the ambulance. No one would tell me anything. I seen his mom on the porch and ran up to her asking what had happened. She told me that he had took a bottle of sleeping pills and my heart sank. She said I needed to get the rest of my things that were at the house and it was best if I didn't get back with him. She said that he would only hurt me and the baby.

I gathered the few things that I had there and went home. I was scared to death that he was going to die and it would be my fault. All he had wanted was for me to try some red wine vinegar. This could have all been avoided if I would have just tried it.

He called the next morning from the hospital. His stomach had been pumped and he was okay. He was talking about counseling and getting better. I was suprised that he was ready to get help. I told him that after he started going, that I would consider giving him another chance. I just didn't know how stupid that decision was.

Until Then,
Blondie

No comments:

Post a Comment