Will you revisit my blog?

I Wonder

I sit here today wondering if who I am is ok. I have worked very hard to get to the point I am at, but do other people see this? I wonder if they just look at me and think I give only fifty percent. I never want to be thought of in that way, but could it possibly be that is what people see?

I realize that there are some people who believe that they are God's gift. These people will always look through a magnifying glass at anyone who walks by. Not just me, but every other poor soul that has to walk in that direction.

I go to college everyday eager to learn. Education has come to be something that I value. I believe that it is something every person must hold to be a well rounded person. My favorite professor had taught me not to speak unless you know what you are speaking about, and that has made me think about my stand on everything in my life.

I raise a four year old on my own, which had gave me more pride than I ever imagined possible. I am happy to be able to call her my own. I have strived in helping her get ahead in life. I have also worked toward making her aware that education is important and you always can reach your goals no matter your situation.

Yet I can't help but wonder if I have done everything I can in life to make everyone around me see who I have become. There was a time in my life where I was at the bottom. I spent a lot of time thinking that I was better than everyone else and being angry at the world. My teen years were a very hard time for me.

But today I have moved on from this. I have changed my outlook on life tried to understand what led me to the place I was. I have since changed my views and realized that it was me that had the problem and not the world. Though this was a hard thing to swallow, I feel that it has made a huge positive impact on my life.

When life gets rough for me, I keep telling myself that it will get better. That I have crawled from the bottom, and as long as I have something to loose, it could get worse. This philosophy, of sorts, has made at least a break in the clouds. I have bit my tongue and persevered making my way through all that has been thrown my way.

I am a survivor, I just question who really sees it or, for that matter, wants to.

Until Then,

Blondie

4 comments:

lifechick said...

It sounds like you've accomplished quite a bit to get where you are in life. Don't worry so much about the validation of others. Yes, it's nice when people see what you've achieved and who you really are.

But this happens rarely in life, so don't waste time seeking it. Just take pride in yourself, and the person you've become. You deserve it! :)

Blondie said...

Thnks you for the kind words.

Blondie

Kate said...

I think there are times when everyne questions themselves and wonders if they are a good person etc. I do think though ust the acting of questiong and wanting to achieve more makes you are far better person than the self absorbed idiots. Does that make any sense?

Anyway keep smiling it sounds like you have achieved a whole lot so far.

Kate xx

Blondie said...

Total Sense!!!

Thanks
Blondie

Post a Comment